Description of How it Works
Measures of Predictive Validity
- CBC is the most applicable conjoint methodology for product and service pricing research. Future papers will discuss CBC otherwise known as Discrete Choice methods in greater detail.
- The research design for CBC is complex. All aspects of the buying process and product category must be well thought out. Market research managers should seek out practitioners that have had success in executing a CBC based pricing research projects.
1. Green, P. & Rao, V.R. (1971), Conjoint Measurement for Quantifying Judgmental Data. Journal of Marketing Research (August), p. 355.
2. Batsell, R.R. & Elmer, J.B. (1990), How to Use Market Based Pricing to Forecast Consumer Purchase Decisions. Journal of Pricing Management (Spring), p.5.
3. Hunt, Paul and O. Levy (2000) How to Execute an Effective Trade-Off Analysis. Imprints: Professional Marketing Res4. Huber, J. (1997) What we have learned from 20 years of Conjoint Research. Sawtooth: Research Paper Series.